We are pleased to share news of the exciting entrepreneurial mindset research work the Foundation has been involved in over the past 12 months and encourage readers to look out for upcoming thought provoking posts around our findings.
The Foundation has been collaborating with international thought leaders around understanding, defining and measuring the concept of an entrepreneurial mindset. As the curriculum and core essence of the Foundation is centered around cultivating an entrepreneurial mindset, it is vital for our understanding to be based on best practice literature and pioneering data within our local context.
In this regard, we have partnered with the Global Entrepreneurial Research Network, received the academic guidance of Professor Kelly Shaver from Mindcette, and contracted with African Response for our data collection, to develop, pilot and roll out the most comprehensive entrepreneurial mindset survey of its kind.
The Foundation has developed a five-phased approach to understanding, defining and measuring entrepreneurial mindset.
Through the Entrepreneurial Mindset Research study, the Foundation and its partners aim to create value globally through:
- Building a shared understanding of entrepreneurial mindset
- Introducing a data-based system for assessing entrepreneurial mindset development
- Revealing new insight about entrepreneurial mindset
- Creating an objective, quantifiable methodology for measuring progress over time
- Providing an evidence-based framework for developing recommendations for developing new policies and programs
- Increasing entrepreneurial action around the world.
Moreover, the Foundation aims to strengthen our internal curriculum and programmatic learning through:
- Developing a rigorous definition and understanding of entrepreneurial mindset based on existing literature and best practice
- Measuring entrepreneurial mindset within our beneficiaries
- Improving entrepreneurial development curriculum
- Improving the measurement of entrepreneurial development curriculum outcomes
We would like to thank our partners and collaborators for their continued support and thought partnership throughout the entrepreneurial mindset project.
We will be sharing findings and results from our project over the coming months and invite you to keep an eye out for and share your thoughts about our findings in entrepreneurial mindset.