As responsible citizens, we are doing our part to halt the spread of COVID-19. The health and safety of our Talent, programme participants and stakeholders are of primary concern to us, so it is important that we act quickly.
The President has declared COVID-19 a national disaster and announced some far-reaching controls that restrict movement and helps to curtail the spread of this virus. In support of minimising the spread of COVID-19, we have identified strict precautionary measures to be implemented urgently to avoid potential infections in our community. Prevention is our key theme and mantra.
One of the main enemies to fight in such a crisis is panic fuelled by ignorance and misinformation – we call upon our community to assist us in limiting the panic regarding coronavirus. Please be mindful about disseminating memes, articles and other sources of information that have not been verified as comprising facts. It is always best to verify information through the World Health Organisation; SA’s Department of Health or the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD).
Our precautionary measures are as follows:
- International and non-essential national travel is prohibited.
- This means that the only travel that will be allowed until the end of June is that of our programme participants travelling to their homes.
- All Foundation events with guests of 100 or more people will be cancelled or put on hold until July. We are working on a strategy and schedule for these activities and will be communicating throughout this period on changes or updates.
- We are initiating a remote working strategy in support of practising social distancing across the Allan Gray Orbis Foundation. Talent will work from home as of Wednesday, 18th March 2020. Arrangements have been put in place for our Facilities and Data Management Centre functions.
- Small group in-person meetings or training workshops that cannot be avoided will be hosted at our offices – appropriate precautions will be put in place by the organiser.
- All Talent who feel any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19 will immediately disclose to their Manager and seek medical attention; Talent members with any exposure will be requested to self-isolate
- Engagements with our internal and external communities will be telephonic; or via WhatsApp, Teams and video conferencing
- Where in-person engagement are unavoidable and agreed, we request that stakeholders disclose if they have travelled to high-risk areas in the past two months or have experienced any related symptoms
Personal and Environmental Hygiene
- We will and encourage all stakeholders to, continue with hand washing, use of hand sanitisers, to not touch one’s face and to cough into one’s curved elbow.
- The office cleaning will continue at a high standard and disinfectant sprays are used periodically through the day.
- Hand sanitisers are available throughout both offices.
All updates regarding our events and Fellowship Applications will be shared via our social media channels.
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your adherence to the above. We trust in the commitment and cooperation of our community to ensure that we handle this situation with care, responsibility and consideration for the important work our organisation still has to do in the midst of this challenging time.